The mission of the GWA Internal Audit division is to provide independent objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve GWA’s operations. It helps GWA accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The scope of work of the GWA Internal Audit division is to determine whether the organization’s network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction with the various governance groups occurs as needed.
- Significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employee’s actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in GWA’s control process.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting GWA are recognized and addressed properly.
Opportunities for improving management control, profitability, and the GWA’s image may be identified during audits. They will be communicated to the appropriate level of management.
To report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse you can call 647-4731, email: email@example.com or use our online Hotline form below:
GWA Online HOTLINE Report Form